Current Marlborough Hills Campus – 2017
200 Forest Street / 100 Results Way / 2 Results Way
Current: 750,000 square feet, 2 buildings
Planned:Â 1.05 million square feet commercial office; 350 townhouses, studios, and one and two-bedroom residential units; 163 hotel rooms; 10,000 square foot daycare center, and up to 50,000 square feet of retail
Former Hewlett-Packard (HP) Campus 2011
In 2011 Atlantic Management Corporation purchased the 109-acre former Hewlett Packard campus located off Simarano Drive in Marlborough, MA. Atlantic Management saw the property as a perfect fit for the kind of high-end, amenity-laden, mixed-use development that today’s market demands. Atlantic Management worked closely with the City of Marlborough to realize a vision that benefits the community and creates a landmark corporate destination.
In December 2012, the City of Marlborough unanimously approved zoning allowing Atlantic Management to develop a cutting-edge, mixed-use “Live-Work-Play-Stay” master planned campus that will be home to the area’s premier companies, apartments, retail stores, and hospitality amenities. The development, called Marlborough Hills, will allow corporate tenants to offer employees the very best in shopping, dining and living on a 109-acre self-contained parcel conveniently located adjacent to I-495 on the Boston-Worcester corridor.
Atlantic Management has a successful track record of redeveloping outdated suburban office parks into market responsive, lively corporate campuses, including the 110-acre Lexington Technology Park for Shire Pharmaceuticals. Upon completion, the existing campus will transform into a scenic community, where talented employees can live, work, and play. Conceived with close attention to design and landscaping, the modern architecture and pedestrian-friendly streetscapes will impress and delight residents, employees and guests.
The new development will feature up to 1.05 million sq. ft. of corporate office, R&D, biotech and technology space; 350 market rate, high end residential units; 163 high quality hotel rooms; a 10,000 square foot daycare center; and up to 50,000 square feet of amenity and service retail. Marlborough Hills has paved the way for innovation in the City with Quest Diagnostics’ regional “Lab of the Future,” which opened in October 2014 and GE Healthcare’s new US Life Sciences Headquarters, anticipated to open in June 2015; both of which consist of approximately 210,000 square feet. Of the other committed mixed-use components, Avalon Bay Communities 350-unit residential development commenced leasing in the first quarter of 2015, and the 163-room Hilton Garden Inn will open in early 2016. Additionally, a proposed 10,000 square foot daycare center is anticipated for early 2016.
Atlantic Management’s commitment to the redevelopment of the former Hewlett Packard campus will turn Marlborough Hills into one of the most vibrant mixed-use development centers in New England. The economic transformation of the property has been recognized for facilitating commercial and residential growth within the City, with the project being named one of the top five real estate stories of the year, according to the Boston Business Journal (BBJ), as well as receiving an award from the 495/MetroWest Partnership acknowledging the individual leadership and impact to the region. Through a shared sense of vision and collaboration between Atlantic Management and the City of Marlborough, the Marlborough Hills mixed-use “Live-Work-Play-Stay” development has brought about numerous civic, economic, and lifestyle benefits to visitors and residents, and has fostered a campus setting with a purpose for helping companies attract and retain top talent.
- August 2011: Atlantic Management purchases the 109-acre former Hewlett Packard corporate campus.
- September 2011: Atlantic Management hosts Massachusetts Housing and Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki, as he toured high-impact sites along the I-495 corridor.
- October 2012: Atlantic Management presents mixed-use overlay district proposal to Marlborough City Council and Planning Board.
- December 2012: Marlborough City Council approves Atlantic Management’s mixed-use overlay district proposal.
- January 2013: Quest Diagnostics commits to a long-term lease to create its northeast regional state-of-the-art â€œLab of the Futureâ€.
- October 2013: Atlantic Management sells 23.47 acres to Avalon Bay Communities for the development of 350 high-end, market rate residential units.
- June 2014: Quest Diagnostics begins occupancy of their new 209,158sf â€œLab of the Futureâ€
- August 2014: Atlantic Management sells 3.67 acres to CSM Development for the construction of a 163-room upscale Hilton Garden Inn.
- August 2014: GE Healthcare announces plans to move its U.S. Life Sciences Headquarters to Marlborough in Spring 2015
- December 2014: GE Healthcare signs a long-term lease for 209,855sf to create their new US Life Sciences Headquarters.
- December 2014: The Boston Business Journal (BBJ) names Marlboroughâ€™s economic turnaround among its top five real estate stories of the year.
- March 2015: Avalon Marlborough opens its doors for their first occupants.
- April 2015: Atlantic Management receives the 495/MetroWest Partnership award for individual leadership and impact in the region.
- November 2015: Atlantic Management sells parcel to The Learning Experience, a 190-child daycare facility scheduled to be opened in fall 2016
- July 2016: Hilton Garden Inn grand opening at Marlborough Hills. The 163-room hotel has an on-site restaurant, bar, meeting and conference rooms and more.
- August 2016: Whole Foods signed a 50,000 SF lease to relocate it regional office headquarters to 200 Forest Street from Cambridge, MA. Whole Foods will begin occupying the property in April 2017.